VISX Iris Registration Technology
- As a part of the VISX CustomVueTM wavefront-guided laser vision correction procedure, accurate alignment of the treatment to the cornea is essential for optimal outcomes.
- Iris Registration Technology replaces previous methods of attaining accurate alignment, which required the physician to manually place ink marks on the white part of the eye called the sclera.
- Iris Registration is a hardware and software product enhancement that is a seamless upgrade to the VISX WaveScan WaveFrontTM System and VISX STAR S4TM Excimer Laser – the technology that drives the CustomVue procedure.
- Iris Registration Technology is a non-contact method of aligning the treatment to the cornea that provides greater laser alignment accuracy.
- Unlike manual, ink-based alignment methods, Iris Registration Technology is not time sensitive, and allows the physician to re-register alignment even if the treatment has been paused or the eye has moved.
- Iris Registration enables the physician to image the iris and creates a new level of confidence in the accurate placement of the correct treatment on the patient’s eye.
Key Patient Benefits of VISX Iris Registration Technology
- It’s normal for the pupil to shift positions from the point of wavefront measurement to the point of treatment.
- Accurate alignment is essential to optimizing customized wavefront-guided ablations, and the VISX IrisRegistration Technology makes it easer than ever with a fully automated method.
- When the CustomVue procedure is performed, the Iris Registration Technology centers the treatment correctly, independent of changes in the pupil center from measurement to treatment.
- VISXTM Iris Registration Technology makes it easier than ever to achieve accurate alignment with a fully automated, touch-free method of measuring and marking the eye.
- Iris Registration Technology can save procedure time
How does VISX Iris Registration Technology work?
- One set of measurements are taken with the patient seated at the WaveScanTM, and another set taken with the patient lying down on the laser bed. Then, the technology employs a five-step iris registration process:
- The system finds and unwraps the iris.
- The system then selects prominent reference points for each iris.
- Using a set of sophisticated algorithms, the system finds multiple matching reference points for each iris.
- The system then calculates the treatment surface angles from multiple matching reference points.
- Iris Registration Technology then automatically checks the solution quality.
Wavefront: LASIK (Guided)
Contact us and find out why The Eye Center is one of the best choices for LASIK in VA. Call one of our offices in Northern Virginia: Sterling, Leesburg, Fairfax, Alexandria, Manassas. If you or someone you know is interested in finding out more about the Advanced CustomVue procedure, please call us at 888.844.2020.