Many of our patients, their families and friends have been waiting for laser vision correction to become a proven procedure for correcting a wide variety of vision disorders. Thanks to the iLASIK procedure, that day is finally here. The Advanced CustomVue laser vision correction treatment from AMO is FDA-approved to potentially benefit up to 94 percent* of patients eligible for laser vision correction. That includes people who are nearsighted or farsighted—with or without all forms of astigmatism, including mixed astigmatism.
Most recently, the FDA approved Advanced CustomVue treatment for patients who are extremely nearsighted—up to 11 diopters of correction. The Advanced CustomVue procedure offers a level of accuracy, safety and customization never before possible with laser vision correction. Special high-technology tools allow us to precisely measure and correct the imperfections in each eye, which means treatment is uniquely tailored to the individual.
We’re delighted to be able to offer the iLASIK procedure. With the FDA approvals to treat so many vision conditions, we look forward to helping people who may have been waiting for this day to arrive. If you or someone you know is interested in finding out more about the Advanced CustomVue procedure, please call us at 1-888-844-2020.
Also see iDesign 2.0 LASIK
* Market Scope Data, U.S. Vision Population, 21 Years of Age or Older, 2005
About the iLASIK Procedure
What Are The Advantages Of The iLASIKTM Procedure?
With the iLASIK procedure, your wait is over because:
- Laser Vision Correction Has Never Been Better… the iLASIK procedure is result of a decade’s worth of technical refinement — it combines all of the latest all-laser LASIK technology in one efficient LASIK procedure. It simply doesn’t get any better, so now’s the time.
- There’s No Mystery … You’ve heard thousands of LASIK ads touting thousands of different things, but the iLASIK procedure delivers outstanding results, one integrated technology solution and one easy way to better vision.
- It’s Truly Personalized… The iLASIK procedure is truly customized just for you.
Everything is based on your individual vision dynamics, so it’s all about you.
Surgeons have been performing LASIK for over a decade. Over 32 million LASIK procedures have been performed to date. The iLASIK procedure is unique and has several essential components. All other LASIK procedures are just LASIK.
The components of iLASIK are:
Step 1 — Creating Your Personal Vision Profile:
The first step in the iLASIK procedure is to perform a series of tests to determine the individual characteristics of your vision, including the use of our WaveScanTM technology. The WaveScan system creates a 3-D map of the unique imperfections of your eyes. Then our Advanced CustomVueTM process uses the digital information from that map to design a custom treatment for each of your eyes.
Wavefront: LASIK (Guided)
Step 2 — Making The iLASIK Flap
The iLASIK procedure exclusively uses an advanced technology called the IntraLaseTM Method. The IntraLase Method is a 100% blade-free approach to creating your corneal flap, the thin flap of tissue that the doctor folds back in order to perform your iLASIK procedure. The IntraLase Method also delivers outstanding visual results — more patients achieve vision that is 20/20 or better when the IntraLase Method is used.1 And in a clinical survey of LASIK patients who had their corneal flaps created using a blade in one eye and the IntraLase Method in the other, the vision in the IntraLase-treated eye was preferred 3-to-1 (among those who stated a preference).
Step 3 — Your Laser Vision Correction
Now that you’ve had your personal vision profile using WaveScan technology and your blade-free corneal flap using the exclusive IntraLase Method, your vision can be corrected using the Advanced CustomVue treatment within the iLASIK procedure. The Advanced CustomVue process has earned FDA approval to treat the broadest range of vision imperfections possible, including mild-to-severe nearsightedness, farsightedness and all types of astigmatism. Clinical studies results3 showed that one year after treatment:
- 100 percent of nearsighted patients and more than 95 percent of all clinical study patients could pass a driving test without glasses or contact lenses
- 98 percent of mild-to-moderate nearsighted patients and almost three-quarters of all clinical study patients could see 20/20 or better without glasses or contact lenses
- Four times as many mild-to-moderately nearsighted participants were very satisfied with their night vision after treatment compared to their night vision before treatment with glasses or contacts
Contact us and find out why The Eye Center is one of the best choices for LASIK in VA. Call one of our offices in Northern Virginia: Sterling, Leesburg, Fairfax, Alexandria, Manassas. If you or someone you know is interested in finding out more about the Advanced CustomVue procedure, please call us at 888.844.2020.